Fasting & Prayer Guide
“We have taught a generation to feast and play, but the times demand that we fast and pray.”
~ Lou Engle
- God has been speaking to multiple people about the Church getting back to fasting and praying.
- I shared with FHC on Sunday January 1st, that I was calling us to fast and pray as a Church.
- I believe it is vitally important that we are in unity concerning this. I encourage us as a body to set aside either one day a week, or one meal a day to fast and pray. There are many ways to fast, and I have given you a couple resources that will help you to know what kind of fast you feel the Lord is leading you to do (see links below). Many in the Church world choose to do the Daniel Fast which is a 21-day limited fast. We will not be doing that as a Church, but you can gain some insight on how to fast and the value of fasting through their resources. The internet has a large collection of resources concerning the Daniel Fast (also see links below). Remember to drink water, juice and other fluids when you are fasting an entire day.
- Lester Sumrall said the following, “A fasting Church will get a job done that an un-fasting church will never get done.”
- Following is what I shared at the end of my message on Sunday January 1st concerning the purpose of this fast.
- Pray for wisdom and strategies – Insight – Concepts – Ideas – Proverbs 2:1-4
- Pray for Pastors David & Linda and the staff the following scriptures inserting their names in the appropriate places.
- Ephesians 1:17-22, 3:14-21; Colossians 1:9-11 – these scriptures speak of wisdom, revelation and understanding.
- Acts 4:29-31, Ephesians 6:19,20, Colossians 4:2-4 – these scriptures speak of boldness in proclaiming the truth of Christ
- Deliverance from ungodliness and a return to God.
- Jesus told us in the model prayer to “deliver us from evil.” Matthew 6:13
- Matthew 3:2-3, 4:16-17; Acts 2:38, 3:19 – scriptures on repentance and the kingdom of God coming – Also Matthew 6:10 – your kingdom come, your will be done.
- Book Resources:
- “Repentance: What it is, What it isn’t, How To Do It.” by Rick Renner AMAZON LINK
- “Fasting – Opening the door to a Deeper, more Intimate, More Powerful Relationship with God.” by Jentezen Franklin AMAZON LINK
- Click the link below to access and/or print the "Stepping Up 2023 - Prayer & Fasting Calendar beginning January 9th and running through February 5th. This will help you to know what to specifically prayer for those 34 days.